Buying dirt bikes for 12 year olds is not an easy task. Dirt bikes are already costly; investing a large amount within seconds without inspecting them would be foolish.
What points do you need to know about these dirt bikes, and how can you get the best at an affordable price? This article will discuss each matter along with its characteristics and features.
If you have been looking for dirt bikes for 12-year-old kids, you can buy dirt bikes from Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, KTM, Razor, and Husqvarna; these brands are reliable for your child.
Also, it will be an excellent opportunity to learn about biking. And inquire about that dirt bike you want to buy along with your kid’s skills, height, weight, and choice.
Tips for buying a dirt bike for your kid.
It would be best to keep your eyes on a few facts, such as your kid’s strength, how much they can handle, their power and height, weight, and your budget. I’m going to discuss these aspects below to avoid future issues.
1. Engine Size: For a young child, the bike’s engine power should lie between 50cc and 125cc for a better experience. Beyond this point, your kid could face an injury.
2. Size & Weight Of Bike: What is your kid’s height and weight? This will decide how heavy a bike they can tackle and what should be the size so that they can put their foot on the ground quickly.
3. Starter System: One critical aspect is checking the starter; the electric starter is always on top rather than Kickstarter for kids. A kick starter needs more force to start a bike, while an electric one takes just a simple press.
4. Wheel Size: If your kid loves to do stunts, a small-sized wheel will be a good option and will be helpful for beginners. whereas big wheels are heavier, that’s not for all, and only experienced children can ride them.
6. Hand Strength: Can your kid handle the bars and keep his control on the throttle or not? Choose a dirt bike that can fulfill both these qualities.
7. Maintenance: Always go for a low-maintenance bike that matches a 2-stroke. But make sure your baby knows how to handle its high power; if so, you can buy this.
8. Budget: At what level will your kid find the bike that suits their skills? If they are a beginner, you can take a used dirt bike, and if they have ridden for many years from the age of seven or below, you can add more to your budget. Ultimately, make a budget as per their desire and bike quality.
These few tips can avoid lots of wastage. If you look into these points, you will realize the same.
Top dirt bikes for 12 year olds
Finally, you will see the most popular dirt bikes for kids willing to get their bikes.
1. Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Razor knows how to fascinate kids with its brand and excellent features. This company used to make dirt bikes, especially for kids. It is an electric dirt bike for kids, along with good battery life.
The Razor packs a 24-volt battery and needs to be charged for 14–15 hours before every ride and run for an hour maximum with just one charge. A good-sized engine can give you an extreme speed of 25mph and usually runs at an average speed of 17mph.
Razors also follow safety measures to prevent serious incidents, but it’s better to buy your kid a helmet and knee pads.
If we talk about its wheels, the large 16-inch pneumatic back and front wheels permit high-speed riding. The metal footpegs and hand-operated dual disk brakes are attached to the bike.
The Razor MX650 weighs 98 pounds and can carry up to 220 pounds. An additional feature is a kickstand to park your bike anywhere. Check its more specifications below.
- Dimension: 24.5×34×52.5 inches
- Weight: 98 pounds
- Brand Name: Razor
- Material: Plastic
- Model Year: 2015
- Power: 650 watts
- Battery Power: 24 volt
- Max Speed: 25 mph
- Brake system: hand-operated front and rear disc brakes
- Warranty: 90 Days
2. Honda CRF125F
A new brand, CRF125F, launched by Honda, gives smooth and high power to young children. Its frame is made of steel and has been tested various times to make its graphics more attractive.
It comes with a fuel injection system that avoids the replacement of jets. The starting system is an electric starter to start the bike quickly.
Additional features in this new version include a four-speed gearbox to give kids better control over the power. The front and rear disc brakes work well in wet seasons without making your dirt bike slippery.
This model CRF125F comes in two different wheel sizes for other age groups. A smaller one is okay for small kids, and a giant wheel would be preferable for older kids. We have mentioned a few more details below.
- Dimension: 39.8×69.7×29.1 inches
- Weight: 194 pounds
- Brand Name: Honda
- Material: steel
- Model Year: 2018
- Motor Power: 6.5 KW
- Battery Power: 12V
- Max Speed: 65 mph
- Braking system: Single Disc Hydraulic Brakes
- Warranty: 6 months
3. Kuber Young Rider Trial Hero
This brand makes bikes that feature fanatics for fantastic riding. The most powerful motor is a 3000 watt, with a lightweight frame but highly protective of any scratches, etc. Its supportive weight stimulates its speed and performance. Its hydraulic disc brakes stop the dirt bike immediately.
It has an advanced air suspension to gain an unforgettable experience across the terrain. The battery requires 6 hours of charging and runs for up to 2 hours without interruption. Wifi connectivity is available to navigate the directions.
I have a sufficient weight that the young riders will easily handle—a vital shock absorber to restrict injuries. The parental speed control system is active to regulate the top speed as per your children’s experience.
- Dimension: 45.3×11×17.7 inches
- Weight: 73 pounds
- Brand Name: Kuberg
- Material: Steel Double Cradle Tube Frame
- Model Year: 2020
- Motor Power: 3000 watt
- Battery Power: 36V
- Max Speed: 17mph
- Braking System: Hydraulic disc brakes for both sides
- Warranty: 90 Days
4. Husqvarna TC85
This new model has the same quality as the 85 SX and is habitable with the same performance. It has an 85cc engine. The frame is different and manufactured with Chromoly, designed as such to go quickly with suspension.
An air filter operates using a panel on the left side of the air box. These Husqvarna models are the best for racing, so they need regular maintenance.
You will get both kick and electric starters so that if the battery dies, you can start your bike with Kickstarter.
This model is ultra-competitive, features advanced technologies, and offers top-level performance and good durability. Before designing the clutch, it had a formula for a hydraulic system that would stay in the same position under various situations. Let’s check out more details.
- Dimension: 33.5×9.9×50.8 inches
- Weight: 149.9 pounds
- Brand Name: Husqvarna
- Material: sign Chrome-molybdenum steel
- Model Year: 2019
- Motor Power: 18 KW
- Battery Power: 24V
- Max Speed: 60 mph
- Braking System: Single disc brakes with four-pot calipers in front and two pots in the rear.
- Warranty: 2 years
5. Yamaha TT-R110E
A complete package of power plus torque is the Yamaha TT-R for young kids. An engine of 110cc with a dual valve and four-stroke offers the rider plenty of power. This current model accomplishes both starters, kick, and electric as well.
The fuel capacity is higher than many other dirt bikes, that is, 1 gallon. Its height, weight, and size are suitable for 12 years, old kids.
The seat height is low, which most riders like as they can touch the ground quickly with this size. The frame is steel, and its lightweight aluminum cylinder can help ride in hilly areas.
The 110cc air-cooled engine with four strokes is suitable for off-road riding. Its bright color and stylish look draw attention quickly. Although it could be elegant, think twice before investing. As always, Yamaha wins the hearts of bike lovers for its high execution.
- Dimension: 61.6×26.8×36.3 inches
- Weight: 159 pounds
- Brand Name: Yamaha
- Material: steel backbone
- Model Year: 2022
- Motor Power: 3140 KW
- Battery Power: 12V
- Max Speed: 40 mph
- Brake System: Drum brake system with a large rear brake
- Warranty: 90 Days
Note:-If you can’t get enough ideas for purchasing a dirt bike, it’s better to take someone who is an expert or has enough experience with dirt bikes. It would reduce stress about choosing the best one and save money from unwanted items.
For growing kids, dirt bikes should have less powerful engines and be comfortable for them. You must select dirt bikes for 12 year olds based on their skills, height, weight, etc.
How’s today’s article about dirt bikes for 12 year olds? If you find it valuable, you can subscribe to our newsletter to get more posts related to dirt bikes and associated queries.
We will meet again with a new topic, and if you have any issues regarding dirt bikes, you can put them in the comment box.
Best dirt bikes for 12 years olds a detailed guide with ricing, best dirt bikes for kids, kids dirt bikes, best dirt bikes for 10 11 12-year-old kids, best dirt bikes for 12 13 years olds, parents guide, rough price guide